Sunday 27 April 2008

'BLT' formed one element of a larger image jointly conceived with 2 fellow students. Illustrator Sarah Coleman set the brief which, for us, meant trawling through an endless green consumer article detailing the environmental and health disasters of the making - and eating of - a pre-packed sandwich (bring your own butties is the lesson to be learned!). I enjoyed the discipline of working to an incredibly short deadline and coming up with something really quickly. I'm afraid I used google image search for the basis of this image, but using the facts & figures of the article to create the typeface for the hands was fun (I used ink & a stick, as well as fineliners). Collaborative working was a challenge - but I liked working with a graphic design student - he made me make quick decisions...

2 comments:

  1. Really like this piece Hannah. Has an strange lively almost energetic feel about it. And your subtle use of bold colour with drab monotones feels like it's really telling a story here.

    Michael Oliver.

    ReplyDelete